Monday, December 7, 2009

What a bright time, it's the right time...

OK, so I have a wonderful, creative cousin who, along with several of her friends (and now me) to the DBC (December Blog Challenge) every year. What you are SUPPOSED to do (hoping I can) is blog every day, but the title of your blog has to be a line from a Christmas song and it's supposed to tie in to your blog. So, here's my first one.....

...or maybe not the right time. I decided, for some crazy reason, to see if Savannah was ready to potty train. She doesn't turn 2 for a couple more weeks (Dec 27th). But for several weeks now she asks to sit on the potty probably about 1 time a day. I take her and usually when she asks, she does use it...except of course when she doesn't want to take a nap....she's already using it for stalling. I realized this morning I was close to being out of diapers (well, the right size...she's in a 3 and I do have some 4s). So, I asked her if she wanted to wear panties instead of a diaper. She was all for it! She did great in the morning, but then came lunch and after. In about an hour and a half she had 4 accidents....with me taking her every 15 minutes. After the 4th accident she asked for a diaper. It was nap time and I put a pull up on her. She was a bit too excited about it. She kept saying, "Diaper? Dora diaper?" and smiling. After her nap we went to the potty...she used it once again. I put on her panties and not 5 minutes later she stood in my bedroom and had another accident. Needless to say, she went back into her diaper and we'll try again at a later date...probably a much later date!

No comments: