Monday, January 19, 2009

I know...where have I been?!?!?

Ok - so it's been quite some time since I've written. Not to make excuses but the holiday season was very busy for us. We had Thanksgiving at our house, then there was Christmas shopping to do, then 2 birthday parties, 3 Christmas', all of my family here for a week and then a very quick, sad trip to Houston for the extremely unexpected funeral of an uncle. Although we were there for a sad reason it was good seeing family.



I'll try to give you a brief update:



Savannah is learning more and more every day! She is trying to talk. She of course has said momma and dada for a while but she now calls us Mommy and Daddy. One of her favorite games to play is she says, "mommy" and I'll say "Savannah." She likes to do it several times. When we are in our loft (that over looks our great room) and Danny is down on the couch she says, or I should say, yells, "Daddy...." and then starts her mumbo jumbo talk. She hasn't learned to do much talking quietly yet. She seems to yell whenever she's talking, no matter if you're right next to her or far away or if she's talking on one of her many phones. She can say Lightnin' and says that when she see any dog, other than my mother-in-laws dog. She tries to say his name which is Mikey. She can say puppy and knows that the puppy says, "oof, oof" and she can say baby. She knows what a baby is. Any time she gets one of her babies or stuffed animals if you ask her if she loves it she'll hug and rock from side to side and say, '"ohhhh." She has recently learned the word no, and she definitely knows what it means. As she sits in her high chair and drops food off onto the floor, she says, "no." Yesterday Connor had one of her dolls. When she saw him with it she started whining and crawling as fast as she could toward him saying, "noooo, nooooo." Apparently she wasn't happy that he had one of her toys!! She still isn't too interested in walking. She will walk all over that place if she's holding on to something but once she lets go or if you let go of her she just sits down. She has learned to crawl on things - like Connor's Elmo couch and boxes and still tries the stairs.

Connor was moved up to the 3 year old class at preschool. He's gone 2 days and didn't cry either day!! He gets to go to a music class now, which is great for him! He LOVES music. He's got good rhythm and loves to listen to music. After he goes to sleep for his nap I sneak back in and put his basket of cds in his room. I can't leave them in there otherwise he would not take a nap. When he wakes up he turns his light on (by standing on the chair I put in there with his cds) and listens to all his cds. He loves to listen to the music we sing at church and he also loves TSO - Trans Siberian Orchestra - because they have a lot of guitar and drums he can hear and "play." He goes around singing all day long and makes up his own songs too. He always has "a great idea" of some sort whether it's playing my Nintendo DS, or finger painting, or using my stamps and ink pads to make pictures. He loves helping with Lightnin - his favorite thing to do is help feed him. He gets very upset if I don't let him put his food in the bowl. He's starting to assert his opinion a little bit more and seems to get a little talking to a little more often, but is still a loving, sweet, very well behaved 3 year old!! Saturday evening Danny and I were going out. When he went to sleep for his nap I was still in sweats and a t-shirt. When I went into his room after he woke up he said, "Wow Mommy. That's a pretty shirt!" I couldn't help but hug him and squeeze him! He loves to make Savannah laugh and she loves to laugh at him. They are a lot of fun together!

That's all for now. I'll try to do a better job of keeping up with it now that everything is settling back down. I'll also try to put new pictures up within the next few days...I'm not promising anything though.

No comments: