Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rare snow in Tennessee

A lot of people think that Tennessee gets a lot of snow. I guess certain parts do - like the mountains but we don't get a lot. And when we do get it, it usually doesn't stick. Anyway. Yesterday it snowed here and it actually stuck. We ended up with 2". I took the kids out as it was getting dark since I had been gone all day. I had to get Savannah's picture and let Connor play in it just in case it was gone by today. Well, it wasn't and it actually snowed a little more today. I took Savannah out for a few minutes and then took her to my mother-in-law's house so Connor and I could just play. Connor had a blast!!! It was actually the first time he got to play in it. He has seen it and about a month ago had me move his chair by the front door so he could watch it snow while he ate. But to play in it was a new experience!! It's amazing to me how his mind works and what he thinks of. He wanted to build a snowman so I was trying to do the best I could - it was very powdery - and started making a pile of snow. Connor was watching and helping a little. All of the sudden he said, "Hey, Mommy - it looks like a volcano!!" I looked and it did. So I asked him if he wanted to build a volcano instead of a snowman. He said a very emphatic "YES!!" So, we added a little more snow. We went and got taco sauce and some strawberries and here you have our volcano:





He then wanted to build a snowman. So we did the same thing - mounded up snow. We put blueberries for eyes, a carrot for the nose and a strawberry for the mouth. We then had to add the UT scarf - which covers the mouth. It doesn't' exactly look like a snowman but rather a duck. Connor didn't seem to notice so I didn't say anything.






Last but not least we had to make snowballs. Like I said before the snow was very powdery so it wasn't too easy but we were still able to do it. He thought that was great - for Mommy to make the snowballs and then he got to throw them. He's all boy and loves to throw any kids of ball so a new kind of ball was a lot of fun. It was an all around great day!




























No comments: