Monday, November 17, 2008

What goes up must come down

So, Savannah seems to be a little behind Connor when it comes to some things....Connor rolled over at 3 months - Savannah at 4; Connor crawled at 6 months - Savannah at 8; Connor was walking at 11 months - Savannah's not 11 months but almost and just started cruising; Connor fell down the stairs at 6 months - Savannah at 10 1/2.

Connor's story - I had gone into the laundry room and he was following behind. We had not got the gate up at the top of the stairs yet but was using my pac n play (folded up) to block the stairs. I didn't realize that the pac n play had been scooted over a bit and being the curious person he is he decided to go investigate. I heard a few thumps - thinking Connor had thrown one of Danny's shoes down the stairs only to be shocked when I heard wailing!! I rad out there and he was 1/2 way down the stairs (hardwood). I ran as fat as I could to get to him. After the fact it was kind of funny. He was sitting on the stair - reclined back - and it looked like he was just hanging out. No harm though - just a tiny bloody nose.

Savannah's story - Danny was in the kitchen and I was on the other side of the counter cleaning. He asked, "How many stairs can Savannah go up?" I started walking over there because she had never climbed stairs before. I was about to her when I see her sitting on the second step from the bottom. She turned and saw Danny and smiled and decided to try to crawl to him. She thought she'd hit floor but instead found air. I was not quite fast enough. She landed on her forehead and tumbled over. She of course let out a big cry but within probably 3 minutes she was over it. I knew it had just scared her. Within 5 minutes she was back down on the floor playing with Connor.

She may be a little behind Connor in some things but she DID learn how to crawl up stairs before he did. :-)

No comments: