Tuesday, November 11, 2008

God's Lesson

If you are on facebook you would have seen that my status at one point was "Valerie is wondering what lesson God is trying to teach her with the way these past few days have gone!!!" I've finally figured out God's lesson for me.....it's all about cleaning!! I know I'm not the greatest cleaner but I really didn't think God would have to teach me about that. Let me share with you some events of the past two days.....

Savannah had some congestion and some "watery stool" over the weekend so she's been a bit fussy. Put on top of that a big brother who wants to wake up before the sun comes up and insists on waking up Mommy who now has not had enough sleep...let's just say I knew yesterday was going to be a trying day! Yesterday morning was filled with fussiness from everybody - not a lot of fun. My mom calls and I'm filling in her on the day so far. Connor keeps saying, "Hey Mommy" and Savannah's fussing in her high chair because she has run out of food because I'm trying to CLEAN the kitchen. Being the wonderful and caring and loving Christian mother that she is she asks if I want her to pray with me before she hangs up. I of course say YES! I'm feeling better as she's praying then......

Connor comes out of the bathroom with lotion from fingertips to elbows on both arms. He was wanting to be a very good, clean boy and wash his hands (which always consists of washing up to his elbows for some reason). I told him he had to wait for Mommy but seeing how he's getting big he decided to do it himself....but didn't get soap but lotion. He can't reach the faucet to turn it on so he just kept getting more and more lotion. I'm laughing as Mom finishes her wonderful prayer for me. I think she's prayed for patience for me and I really don't ever pray for that because to learn patience you have to deal with things to become patient. I inform Mom what happened, and as we're laughing about that and I'm CLEANING Connor's arms and hands Lightnin' proceeds to pee on Danny's pull over he wears every day. Once again, CLEANING has to take place. At least I laugh about it - only because it was Danny's and not mine. :-) I'm trying to CLEAN Connor and Lightnin' mess while still trying to CLEAN the kitchen and do laundry which of course is CLEANING clothes. I put Connor and Savannah down for a nap and finally get to eat lunch at 1:15. Connor doesn't sleep - Savannah sleeps for an hour. So, once again I've got fussy kids and still not a clean kitchen, but some clean clothes. Let's just say last night the kids went to bed early ..... and without being CLEANED!

Today...Connor was up at 5:00. But today, I took him back up to his room and told him he had to go back to sleep because I was locking him in and it was going to be a long time before I came back to get him. Thankfully he did go back to sleep. But Savannah was waking off and on from 5:00. I didn't get a lot of sleep between 5:00 & 7:15 but I did get some!! She of course has been a monster all day! We went to Kroger this morning and before I can even get her in the buggy she's whining and carrying on. I forgot her paci so our first stop was the baby aisle and broke into a package of pacies (paid for later of course!). While I'm at the deli she's fussing so the lady behind the counter was very nice and got her and Connor both sugar cookies.....that were orange and of course I had Savannah in white. Needless to say I'll be CLEANING her white jacket. But that had to wait because our cute little puppy left me a lot to CLEAN! We got back from the store and I took Lightnin' out for about 10 minutes. He does #1 but not #2 - not unusual. But we come back inside and I'm CLEANING Savannah's bottom and what does he do....#2. Not only does he do it but either he or Connor stepped in it and proceeded to walk all over the place. Now I there are little spots of poop all over my great room and bedroom. So I have just spent an hour CLEANING poop with God's greatest creation for anyone with kids or pets - the Bissell little Green Machine.

So, does anybody else see how I'm thinking God is wanting me to learn about cleaning ..... or is all this cleaning my lessons on patience? :-)

No comments: