Wednesday, November 12, 2008

God's lesson continues....and fun at the park!

So, after I posted my blog yesterday believe it or not my lessons on cleaning, or really patience, continued. I ended up using my little green machine two more times...one on Orange Fanta that got spilled on the carpet. The second was on the "poo water" that spilled out of the hose of the green machine while I was carrying it to clean the fanta. :-) And yes, last night my kids went to bed clean. :-) Today....it was Grapette that got spilled on the carpet. It's fine though - I didn't get upset...just cleaned it up.

This afternoon after both kids just slept 1 1/2 hours I decided to go to take them to the park. It was about 60 degrees and I thought I had better take advantage before it gets too cold. Luckily there weren't a whole lot of kids there. I decided to take the wagon in case Connor decided he wanted to go on a walk. But, we ended up not going on a walk because he found a couple of little boys to play with. He can always find someone to play with at the park. He doesn't care how big they are. He doesn't always realize that he's only 2....he thinks he's just as big as whatever kids is around. He plays with older boys - middle school age - at church every Sunday. He found these two little boys that looked to be around 6 & 7. They apparently were playing "Scooby Doo" which I thought was so neat because you don't see many kids pretending to be Scooby any more. One of them was Scooby - and no he didn't crawl around on all fours - and the other was Shaggy. They made Connor the monster that was chasing them. It was cute because Connor didn't have a clue what was going on. He just thought it was great that he was getting to run around chasing these other boys. He had an absolute blast. Savannah loved swinging. I guess she did that for about 20 minutes. She also went down the slide with a little help from Mommy and thoroughly enjoyed that. Her favorite thing though was sitting in the mulch trying to eat the mulch and leaves that fell. She wasn't sure about crawling around on it at first but soon got used to it and was throwing all the mulch out of her way. She tried really hard a couple times to follow Connor and his "friends" but just couldn't keep up. As we were going back to the park there were a lot of leaves in one area. Connor asked me to put them on him so I did. I then had him throw them out of the wagon and he loved it! The pictures turned out cute - in my opinion, anyway. It was a great one and a half hours spent at the park.

No comments: