Monday, November 10, 2008

Growing up

Let's see...where do I start. Savannah is growing up so fast right before my eyes. She started pulling up on everything this week - even on the hardwood floor. She is always very proud of herself. She has also starting "walking on her knees" across the hardwood floor while pushing and holding on to something. I know she's just dying to walk. When she and Connor are playing together and he takes off running, she crawls as fast as she can (with her tiny bottom wiggling behind). It's really one of the cutest things I've ever seen! She does it with such determination too - she lowers her head and is gone before you know it. She has said her first word other than "mama" and "dada." Believe it or not she tries to say "Lightnin'" (our dog's name). She gets pretty close. It comes out "yigh yen." You can tell she's trying to say his name. It's so cute. She uses the same tones that I do when I ask her to say it. She's into squealing again. She used to do it, but had stopped and I thanked God for that! These past couple of weeks she's started it up again. She squeals when she's mad, when she's excited, or just because she wants to. It's cute sometimes but most of the time it's just annoying. Connor doesn't like it either. He's heard me say "No, ma'am" a lot so when she does it he tells her that. She's getting 2 more teeth in on the bottom so that makes a total of 6 teeth so far. And she uses all of them when it comes to eating her favorite foods....peas, broccoli, chicken, pancakes, asparagus, potatoes, carrots, eggs, graham crackers....and any other food that you can think of. She loves eating and enjoys all foods!!! Now, if only I could get Connor to eat like that!! She also has signed her first sign language words - "
All done." It's not exactly the way you're supposed to do it - but I know she's saying it. You are supposed to hold your hands out in front of you palms up then turn your hands over so the backside is up. She pretty much just waves, but every time I say "All done" she does that, whether I say it when changing her diaper or eating - whatever she does it. It's cute!

Danny and I took Connor to his first University of Tennessee basketball (exhibition) game this past Friday night. It's officially his 2nd - when he was 2 months old we went with a bunch of people from church - but that doesn't really count. He wasn't too sure of it at first. We got there about 30 minutes early to watch warm ups and stuff. Our seats are a little close to the band - a few sections away. He was excited when he first saw them because he LOVES music. He's learning the different instruments. When they were getting ready to start he covered his ears (see pictures) because he was afraid they were going to be loud. He doesn't like noises unless he's controlling it. He got used to it pretty quick. Then the game started. He was good until everybody cheered - he would then cover his ears again. The game didn't start 'til 7:30 so we didn't stay too long. But, by the time we were leaving he was having a good time. He got to eat some popcorn and had M & Ms and a sprite. I hated to leave, but if he's up too late he can be really crabby the next day. As we were walking out I asked him if he would like to go to another game and his reply was, "Yes, that was cool." Sometimes we forget that he's only 2 - almost 3 - because he just seems to know so much and is very aware of things. He surprised me on the way home when he asked, "Why is the road so bumpy?" We had just gone over a bridge and it was a little bumpy. Maybe I should expect questions like that from him, but I don't. He's in a very curious stage right now. I swear he asks at least 100 questions a day. He is all the time asking me why I say things...mainly doing with Savannah and Lightnin'. He asks, "Why'd you say no, Vannah (or Lighten)?" or "Why'd you say good boy Lighten?" I of course say no to Lightnin' or Savannah a lot during the day so I hear those questions a lot during the day!!! I love that he is curious but sometimes I get tired of answering the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again! :-) He loves going to school. Sometimes when I drop him off he still wants me to hold him but his teachers are very good at distracting him so I can leave. When I go get him he is so happy. His teachers love him! When he is gone they always let him and me know that they missed him. He has a little friend at school, that is a girl, named Dee Dee. I just found this out last week. They are buddies at school. He missed last Wednesday because of some congestion. On Thursday when I went to pick him up his teacher was telling me that the two of them hung around each other all day and just kept talking and touching, like hugging, each other all morning. I got to see them do it. She kept wanting to hug him and he would touch her hair. It was cute, but also made me a little sad....because he's growing up. He's also growing up into an older boy by not ever wanting to wear pants!! I was looking back at some pictures and it seems that a lot of the pictures of him consist of him wearing no pants. I started thinking that some people may wonder about that. There is a good explanation...other than being male. He doesn't have any pants that really fit him well. He will be 3 in about a month and he's in between 18 month and 24 month size pants. 18 month pants are too short and still big in the waste on him. I have found some 24 month that have the adjustable waist but they are still big on him. When he's not wearing shoes his pants constantly fall down and get under his feet. He gets tired of pulling them up so he pulls them off. :-) See.....growing up like most men and doesn't want to wear any pants! :-) Both my wonderful, adorable are growing up so fast!!!

No comments: