Monday, September 22, 2008

2 steps forward, 1 step back

I'm sad to say the "success" was short lived. Connor has decided he doesn't want to do that any more. He will still do the "first thing" in the potty but that's it. I'm not exactly sure how to "make" somebody go to the bathroom. I know that's the hardest part of potty training but it doesn't make it any easier trying to figure out what to do. He needs to go because he gets "backed up" way too easily. I've tried telling him we'll put a diaper on just so he can do that but he doesn't want to do that either. He's always had issues with that so I guess it's just harder for him to deal with. So, who know how long it will take for him to do it. I just know I can't give up.

He also going through this weird, clingy phase (hoping anyway). He may be jealous if Savannah because she definitely takes a lot of attention - being that she's always into things and she's VERY clingy. Even if he is jealous of her, he doesn't take it out on her. He still loves her and loves on her and cheers her on with her accomplishments. It's very sweet!!

Even with all the frustration the past couple of days he still makes me laugh a lot during the day. This evening was a great example. He didn't take a nap today for some reason. Maybe because he knew that when he got up from his nap we were going to play outside. He was in his room for an hour and 45 minutes and nothing. Thankfully Savannah slept almost 3 hours. Because he didn't nap I told him we weren't going out until after supper. He ate supper - very fast. :-) As I was cleaning him up he asked, "We going outside now?" I told him yes. He said, "Good, I have energy!" I have no idea where that came from, but it got a chuckle out of me. While we were outside he was playing golf with Daddy. Danny hit a ball. I asked Connor if he could hit it like Daddy. Connor's reply was, '"Of course!" It's funny because just this past Saturday I was talking to a friend about how to instill confidence in children so as they get into Middle School they still have that confidence. I'd say Connor is on the right track right now. :-)

Savannah is into everything. When I say everything, I mean everything. I am constantly pulling things out of her mouth and have no idea where they came from. I vacuum in our great room everyday and she still finds things. She spots things from across the room that even I can't see! She's a bundle of joy. She loves her brother, that's for sure!! She had a big time tonight "playing" outside. Connor rode his 4 wheeler around the circle drive while I pulled Savannah and she just smiled at him the whole time. She loves to be outside as much as Connor does I think. She absolutely loves riding in the wagon. I walked up to the top of our driveway pulling her in the wagon to get the mail this evening. She sat there looking around, trying to get grass from the bottom of the wagon, and every once in a while would make an "uuhhhh" sound - because we were on gravel. Then she'd smile. She's starting to learn and pick up on more things. I'll say "bye bye" and most of the time she will wave one of her hands. The other times she just looks at me and smiles. She got into a sitting position from her belly by herself for the first time today while in her crib. Of course when I bring her downstairs when she's on her belly and gets tired of crawling she just lays there whining. :-)

That's about all that's gone on this week. I'm sure I'll have more Connor stories to share over the next few days!

No comments: