Monday, December 1, 2008

What really goes through an almost 3 year old's mind????

OK, so I'm actually trying to do dishes tonight before putting Connor to bed and Danny walks into the kitchen. I asked him if Connor still had his cup of peanut butter (he was dipping graham crackers into it). Danny smiled, or should I say smirked, and said, 'Yes, whatever isn't on his cheek." Of course, I said, "What?" And this is the scene that I walked in on.....























I don't know if you can tell it in the picture but he wasn't putting it on lightly. I was dipping his whole hand and rubbing his whole cheek with peanut butter. I asked him what made him want to put peanut butter all over his face and his reply was, "Soap." I asked him if he was washing his face with soap and he said ,YES. He has a great imagination...too good sometimes. I've been trying to explain the difference between pretend and lying. So far I haven't quite gotten through to him yet. Anyway, I guess because he had just taken a bath it somehow led to peanut butter smeared on his face and then into his mouth. I don't know...all I know is my little boy's face smelled fresh and clean for all of 30 minutes before it started smelling like peanut butter.


1 comment:

Gabi Perry said...

I just thought I'd let you know how much I love to look at these pictures...even the old ones. I look at them nearly every day at work just to see those cute little faces!!