Friday, July 17, 2009

Playing catch up

I am so far behind on my blogging....

First off - at the beginning of June Danny and I took a trip out west - to LA and Las Vegas. I tell you this mainly to tell you this story...

We went and ate at Ivy by the Shore - known for some celebrities to make appearances. We were sitting there and this guy sat came in and sat down not too far from us. Turned out it was Billy Crystal - he's the one in the red hat. I debated with myself - although I did try to get Danny in on the debate but he wasn't much help - on whether I should go up to him or not. I mean - he's eating supper and so I didn't want to interrupt him, but he's a celebrity and should kind of expect it. So, when we finished they were just about finished and I decided I was going to go up to him. I thought if I didn't I would probably regret it since he's he first movie star I've even been close to. So, I went up, squatted down next to the table and started apologizing. I told him I was from Tennessee and he was the first celebrity I had seen. He asked, "Do you not have any there?" I told him we had Dolly Parton, but I had never seen her. I did ask for a picture, but he didn't want to do it in the restaurant. So, I asked for an autograph and he was more than happy to oblige. I told him I always had paper in my bag because I have a 3-year-old who likes to write. So, he asked my name and my 3-year-old's name. The autograph said, "To Valerie and Connor, My best, your first. Billy Crystal" I was very excited and felt a little bit like a dork but I knew that I would always wonder what would have happened. We also went to a taping of Chelsea Lately - on E! at 11:00 pm every night. It was cool to go to a show taping period but we love her - she pretty much makes fun of people in the tabloids. We had a good time in Las Vegas too!

We took a quick trip down to Panama City with the kids. Well, driving that far with 2 kids really isn't as quick as it used to be. We had a blast! The kids loved the beach. Connor loved everything about it - the sand, the water, the toys. Savannah loved the sand and toys; she wasn't too sure about the water when she was standing or sitting. I think the sand washing away from underneath her freaked her out a bit because if I was sitting in the water and she was on my lap she enjoyed it. We rented a pontoon boat one day and went out to Shell Island. Connor had a lot of fun looking for shells. There was also a school of fish that hung around where we were the whole time. When we ate lunch on the boat we threw some food over for the fish. The kids LOVED watching the fish go after the food. We couldn't have asked for better weather! I of course had to take the kids down to the sand with jeans and white shirts on and take their pictures. I do have to say that some of them turned out very cute - of course that's because of the cute kids in them!
I'll stop now with the updates so this blog won't be too long. I'll catch you up more later.

No comments: