Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ok - so I've fallen a bit behind again with blogging. I really don't like that I'm slacking because there are so many times something will happen or be said I think I need to blog about that. Then I don't blog and now all those funny, cute little stories are gone from my head. So, I'll try to do better in the future - just don't hold your breath!

Savannah is getting smarter and smarter every day it seems like. She has learned a few of her body parts just within a couple of weeks...she knows where her hose, ears, head, hair, belly, h hands, feet and toes are. She understands so much too. She's been whining and crying for me to get her a lot the past few weeks. I've been telling her she has to calm down before I will get her and she does. I think her whininess is because she may be teething her 2 year molars. My guess is that because she's had a little fever off and on; she's putting a lot of things in her mouth and chewing on them; she's been putting her fingers and her blanket in her ears a lot. I've tried to feel for teeth but haven't felt anything yet.

She is all girl...she loves shoes and babies and purses. She'll put her purse on her arm and say (or should I say yell), "Bye!" and head for the door. Any time she sees shoes - no matter whose they are - she starts saying, "Shoes, shoes" and puts them on. She loves to push her babies around in the little stroller I got for her and to put them "Night, night" in the little crib. But more than all that she loves playing with Connor!!

Connor has had an interesting few days. We had a fun day swimming all afternoon and evening Saturday at my sister-in-law's house. We got home that evening and while I put Savannah to bed Danny and Connor stayed outside. When I went out to get Connor and take him to bed incident #1 happened: Danny was pushing him on his swing. He just started swinging on the "big boy" swing about a month ago. He loves it and wanted Danny to push him higher and higher. Danny did as asked. At the top of his swing Connor decided to watch a firefly and leaned back and let go. He flipped over and landed on his neck and shoulders. Needless to say he cried. He got a little scrape on his finger so we got a Transformers band aid and that helped. I kept him up for a while to make sure he didn't a concussion - which he didn't. He was fine. I believe it was Sunday night for incident #2. He was outside with Danny riding his tricycle around our circle drive. There's a little hill and he stopped pedaling, took his feet of the pedals and rolled backwards - which was fun until he went off the driveway into the grass. Danny said he got up and said, "I'm ok." then started crying. But once, again, everything was fine. Tonight was incident #3. We were outside playing on his "park." He had been swinging (yay - I was afraid he wouldn't swing after falling off of it - but he got right back up there). He got off and climbed up the ladder to go down the slide. He slid down and then let out a blood curdling scream. I ran over and there was a wasp nest on the slide and one of them had landed on Connor and stung him. My only guess is it was on the underside of the slide and he knocked it loose when he slid down. We came in and got another transformer band aid with neosporin +pain relief and went for a mule ride (no - not the four legged kind but the one with four wheels). He didn't want to do anything - go for a ride, work in the garden, take a bubble ride except watch Funny Videos (our nightly ritual before going to bed). Of course, they weren't on because baseball was but a moon pie and sitting with Daddy did the trick.

Hopefully that will be that last incident for awhile. If not, I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Gabi said...

When did Savannah grow a hose?!?!

ValerieO said...

Ha ha!! Ok - so I did spell check but didn't re-read it, which I usually do, but I was too tire last night.